Over the past few weeks, Amazon customers have been checking out Samsung's 85-Inch 4K Ultra HD UN85S9 TV and leaving hilarious reviews.
The $40,000 price tag is one aspect that sharp-witted Amazon customers have been highlighting. Over the past few weeks the TV has racked up almost 1,500 customer reviews and stands at a four-star rating, but some of the reviews are wonderfully sarcastic.
We'd all love a behemoth such as this in our living rooms, but we may wait a while for the price to drop. Others have been less hesitant and Amazon states that it only has one left in stock at the moment with more due in soon.
It's not hard to see why this beast of a TV has garnered so much attention, so we've picked out some of our favourite 'most helpful' reviews. We're sure that's not the tag that Amazon would label them with if it wasn't an automated system.
'Most helpful' customer reviews
- My wife and I bought this after selling our daughter Amanda into white slavery. We actually got a refurbished. It's missing the remote, but oh well-- for $10K off, I can afford a universal, right? The picture is amazing. I've never seen the world with such clarity.Amanda, if you're reading this, hang in there, honey! We'll see you in a year...
- I was going to fund my daughter's wedding in Hawaii, but I figured this Samsung TV would last much longer.
- This tv is fan freaking tastic!!!! We are now living in the box it came in but even that is roomy and quite comfy!!!!
- Just cashed in the kids' college funds and dropped them off at the Army recruiting station. I got the TV, they got a career. I think it worked out well for everyone.
- It makes those abused animal commercials with the sarah mclachlan music playing so much sadder when the one-eyed pug is 4 feet tall.
- At first I hesitated to make the purchase, but then I saw the two AA batteries were free with the remote, and I was all in! Having this really fills in that empty space we called a bathroom!
- $40k gets you 85" of Samsung bliss where Sony and Toshiba charge you $17k for a measly 84". Well, I'll tell you that it was totally worth it. Whenever we go over to my neighbor Jim's house, my wife and I quietly snigger over his little 84". Yeah Jim, we know that's a hairpiece too.
- I saw this TV, and said I have to have it. I didn't have the money to pay for it, but my long lost cousin, who is a prince in Nigeria, said, if I give him my social security number and my bank information, he will wire me the money. Thank you prince Zumba Zumba Zumba.
- When comparing TVs here, I saw Amazon also sells an 84" Toshiba model for just $13K. But I got this one instead, and haven't regretted the purchase, because as a rather insecure male, it's well worth the extra $27K to have that extra inch.
And the 'most helpful critical review'
- The black levels and color depth on this TV are pretty good for the price. However, the small screen size is a deal breaker. I recommend buying an IMAX theater instead.